Bachelor in Pharmacy (B.Pharma)
Duration: 4 year full time Bachelor course in pharmacy
Approved Intake: 60
Qualification: 10+2 with PCM / PCB subjects minimum 50% marks from a recognized education board or through Counselling from AKTU.View Details
Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharma.)
Duration: 2 year full time Diploma course in pharmacy
Approved Intake: 60
Qualification: 10+2 with PCM / PCB subjects minimum 50% marks from a recognized education board or through Counselling from BTEUP.View Details
WELCOME TO IMIRC COLLEGE OF PHARMACY
We specialize in self-sustaining projects for all entrepreneurs.
Why Choose IMIRC Pharmacy
We have a huge library with thousands of Journals, Books, Magazines, Digital & E-learning Tools. All the library has good seating with air conditioner system.
The college has a pollution-free and impressive lush green campus with green surroundings, beautiful flower-beds and elegant landscaping all around.
We have a huge Auditorium with varying seating capacity which is created to organize various Cultural and Academic Events. The Auditorium is well-equipped with advanced Audio-Video & Lighting Systems.
The pharmacy college has sports facilities including Football, Cricket, Tennis Court, Volleyball, Lawn Tennis, Badminton Courts, Basketball Courts, Carom & other Indoor games.
We have hundreds of students from all across India live in hostel premises, which is ‘a home away from home’. We have a separate facilities for girls and boys, and tight security ensures a pleasant and secured stay.
We have the best IT Infrastructure with over 50 Computers. Students Practice Online with Wi-Fi, (24×7) Connectivity with 45 Mbps Leased Line.
Each hostel is offered with necessary first-aid facilities. The college offers free first-aid to all the students in the college campus during the working hours. Well-qualified physicians are available in the close proximity to provide good and prompt medical facility.
The cafeteria is an integral part of our pharmacy college, which provides nutritious, wholesome & homely food to all students living in hostel, faculty & staff members round the clock.
Backed by a team of experienced faculty members, we strive to provide excellent pharmaceutical education to our students. All our teachers have 4+years of average experience.
We have different departments which provide quality education to the students. All our departments are well equipped with advanced pharmaceutical equipment to provide practical knowledge to students.
Most of our students have won contribution and research work in pharmaceutical domain. In addition to this, we provide scholarships and sports benefits to the needy students.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Pharmacy Practice?
Pharmacy practice refers to the application of pharmacy knowledge and skills in the provision of pharmaceutical care to patients. It encompasses the various roles and responsibilities of pharmacists in healthcare settings, such as community pharmacies, hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare institutions. Pharmacy practice involves the safe and effective use of medications, medication management, patient counseling, and collaboration with other healthcare professionals.
Pharmacists in pharmacy practice are responsible for dispensing medications accurately and ensuring that patients receive the correct medications and dosages prescribed by healthcare providers. They also provide information and advice to patients on how to use medications properly, including instructions on dosage, administration, potential side effects, and interactions with other medications or substances.
Pharmacy practice involves assessing and monitoring patient health outcomes to optimize medication therapy and improve patient well-being. Pharmacists may conduct medication reviews, evaluate drug interactions, and offer recommendations to healthcare providers to enhance medication safety and efficacy. They may also provide education to patients and healthcare professionals on topics like disease management, preventive care, and lifestyle modifications.
Furthermore, pharmacy practice includes activities related to pharmaceutical research, drug development, and quality assurance. Pharmacists may participate in clinical trials, contribute to medication-related research, and ensure that medications meet quality standards through medication preparation, compounding, and quality control processes.
In summary, pharmacy practice encompasses a wide range of responsibilities, including dispensing medications, patient counseling, medication management, collaboration with healthcare providers, monitoring patient outcomes, and contributing to research and quality assurance efforts. Pharmacists in pharmacy practice play a crucial role in promoting safe and effective medication use, optimizing patient care, and improving health outcomes.
What is the role of a practicing pharmacist?
The role of a practicing pharmacist encompasses various responsibilities aimed at ensuring safe and effective medication use and promoting optimal patient care. Some key roles and responsibilities of pharmacists include:
- Medication Dispensing: Pharmacists are responsible for accurately dispensing medications prescribed by healthcare providers. They ensure that patients receive the correct medications, dosages, and instructions for use.
- Medication Counseling: Pharmacists provide comprehensive medication counseling to patients. They explain the purpose of medications, proper dosage and administration techniques, potential side effects, and any precautions or interactions patients should be aware of.
- Medication Management: Pharmacists play a crucial role in managing medication therapy. They assess patients' medication regimens, identify potential drug interactions or duplications, and collaborate with healthcare providers to optimize medication use and minimize adverse effects.
- Patient Education: Pharmacists educate patients about their health conditions, disease management, and lifestyle modifications. They provide information on preventive care, self-care measures, and the importance of medication adherence to achieve optimal health outcomes.
- Medication Safety and Adverse Event Monitoring: Pharmacists monitor for potential medication errors, adverse drug reactions, and drug interactions. They take necessary steps to prevent medication-related problems and promote patient safety. They may also report adverse events to appropriate regulatory authorities.
- Collaborative Practice: Pharmacists collaborate with other healthcare professionals, such as physicians, nurses, and allied health providers, to ensure coordinated patient care. They participate in healthcare teams, contribute to medication-related decision-making, and provide expertise on medication therapy.
- Pharmaceutical Care Planning: Pharmacists develop pharmaceutical care plans for patients with complex medical conditions. They assess patients' medication needs, design individualized treatment plans, and monitor therapy outcomes to achieve desired health goals.
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention: Pharmacists engage in health promotion activities, such as immunizations, smoking cessation counseling, and screenings. They educate patients on preventive measures and help identify potential health risks.
- Research and Quality Assurance: Pharmacists may participate in pharmaceutical research, clinical trials, and quality improvement initiatives. They contribute to evidence-based practice, drug development, and ensure medication quality through proper storage, compounding, and adherence to regulatory standards.
- Leadership and Management: Pharmacists may hold leadership positions in healthcare organizations, including pharmacy management roles. They oversee pharmacy operations, ensure compliance with regulations, and collaborate with stakeholders to enhance patient care.
These roles highlight the diverse responsibilities of practicing pharmacists, demonstrating their critical contribution to patient care, medication safety, and overall healthcare outcomes.
What courses are being offered by the college and of what duration?
College offers D. Pharma is two years duration of course, and B.Pharma is 4 Years duration of Course
How many seats are available in course?
60 seats are available in D.Pharma. and 60 seats are available in B.Pharma.
What is the approval and affiliation status of the pharmacy courses run in the college?
College is approved by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), All India Council for Technical Education and Pharmacy Council of India (AICTE) and affiliated to MSBTE
Is there any age limit for taking admission in these courses?
No, there is no age limit for taking admission in these courses.
- FACULTY OF STUDENT WELFARE & CAMPUS PLACEMENT CELL ORGANIZING A WEBINAR ON ENGAGING YOUNG PEOPLE TO Fight Against Covid-19
- Faculty of Student Welfare & Campus Placement Cell Organizing a Webinar on Engaging Young People to Respond new Emerging Tobacco Threat
- There Will Be Placement Final Year student on 3rd aug 2021